Phoenix Health Plan’s Medicare Advantage Plan Exit effective 1/1/17
- PHP and CMS made a “mutual” decision to terminate the plan
- PHP MAPD members received official plan exit notices on 11/1/2016
- SNP Letter
- Non-SNP Letter
- PHP MAPD members were encouraged to enroll to new plans by 1/1 during AEP
- The SEP period is in effect until 1/31/17 for a 2/1/17 effective date
- All Broker Service calls are being handled at 1-844-320-5281
IN CURRENT NEWS: WellCare to Acquire Medicaid Assets of Phoenix Health Plan in Arizona
On December 22, WellCare Health Plans announced that it would be acquiring some assets, including Medicaid membership and certain provider contracts, from Phoenix Health Plan (PHP). PHP provides health benefits to more than 50,000 Medicaid beneficiaries in Maricopa County. WellCare will work with PHP and AHCCCS to ensure a smooth transition for members. The transaction is expected to close by the second quarter of 2017.
As always, our goal is to keep WAP agents informed and prepared. Here’s what you need to know about this announcement:
- You don’t need to notify your clients. However, it is good information to provide if an inquiry is made, particularly if you have clients with both Medicare and Medicaid.
- WAP is still contracted with WellCare on the Prescription Drug coverage side for 2017.
We will continue to watch Health Care News and Forums for more information, and will provide future communications.